Product Support Specialist
Opportunity located in: Herndon, VA
April 11, 2019
We are a rapidly growing construction technology SaaS startup located in Herndon, VA. Pype provides innovative software solutions that enable construction teams to start projects faster and finish stronger. Our patent-pending software takes manual, time consuming processes and enables them to be completed in a matter of minutes. To keep up with our growing list of clients and help support a new product, we are looking to hire a Product Support Specialist.
The right candidate will work as part of a software support team to diagnose and resolve client issues by evaluating and managing incoming case volume, routing client issues, identifying critical trends and facilitating customer follow up. The Product Support Specialist will work with other departments to ensure solutions are effectively deployed, problems are addressed, and customers are satisfied. This position requires a quick learner who can understand the framework of Pype products and how they function for the purpose of a client’s use
- Proactively manage the queue of customer support issues and live chat inquiries.
- Engage customers to collect problem definitions and provide comprehensive case updates with detailed technical descriptions.
- Plan and organize initial contact activities to ensure Pype’s Service Level Agreement (SLA) objectives are met.
- Work with customers through preliminary troubleshooting procedures to validate reported issues, determine a source, and gather any relevant information.
- Monitor the ticket tracking systems to guide the progression of client issues; act as an information liaison to assigned Client Success Managers to ensure cases are escalated as necessary, customers are provided consistent and meaningful status updates, and ensure proper follow-up is performed once cases are resolved.
- Collect requirements and assess client processes in order to deliver a working and configured solution.
- Improve existing support processes by eliminating internal inefficiencies and increasing speed and client satisfaction.
- Cultivate relationships with internal departments in order to better understand client expectations and provide excellent overall service.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or experiential equivalent.
- Two or more years of experience with direct technical customer service.
- High-level understanding of Software as a Service (SaaS) and/or AEC experience.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Interpersonal communication skills; active listening and customer-care.
- Ability to effectively handle demands from multiple internal and external customers and the pressures from competing priorities.
- Must possess a professional and friendly attitude and be able to quickly develop a rapport with customers.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with new and complex technology.
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with, and the ability to adapt to, new tools and products.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Health, Vision, and Dental Benefits
- Stock Options
- Competitive salary and bonus structures
- PTO and Paid Family Leave
To apply send your cover letter + resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pype provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.