Sales Development Representative
Opportunity located in: Herndon, VA
September 27, 2019
Pype is an established technology start-up serving the construction industry with mature software solutions. The company is growing rapidly and in need of passionate & talented intrapreneurs. An intrapreneur is a person who drives innovation from within an existing organization – does that sound like you?
We are looking for a Sales Development Representative to join our team. We need whip smart, incredibly driven individuals to help us scale our organization. Our products are so strong that they sell themselves, our biggest challenge is connecting with the right prospects at the right time. And that’s where you come in.
Sales Development Representative Responsibilities:
- You own the top of the sales funnel. You’ll spend the majority of the time prospecting, educating, qualifying, and converting target accounts into sales-ready leads and opportunities.
- You will be the outward face of the company. In many cases you will be the first person to engage a prospect organization – and it’s up to you to position yourself (and the company by extension) as a trusted, credible resource within the industry.
- You won’t be simply pounding phones or taking a spray and pray approach, you will be strategically targeting accounts. You’ll be expected to research prospect organizations, identify key players, generate interest and develop account opportunity.
- Networking is your new middle name. You’ll be doing a lot of it within the construction industry via conferences, events, LinkedIn, phone and email.
- It takes a lot of effort to connect with our prospects, they’re busy people. On average, you’ll be making 50 to 60 lead generation calls per day (blend of warm & cold).
- Your success will be gauged by your ability to create opportunities that generate revenue. The baseline expectation is to generate 20 demos per month, but you’ll typically blow past that number.
- You’ll use your SFDC ninja skills to quickly and efficiently record data on prospect accounts. You’ll also be helping us optimize our entire process, so we’ll be looking to you for lots of thoughts, ideas, and recommendations.
- You’ll work incredibly hard to contribute to the growth of the organization as a whole. You’ll be asked to wear many hats, contribute in many different ways, and continuously take on new projects & responsibilities.
You’re a great fit if you:
- Are an incredibly smart individual who is passionate about being the best at what they do.
- Are an articulate, well spoken individual who can easily build rapport with prospects & internal team members.
- A person who thrives in a high-energy sales environment and can play nicely with others. This is a team sport after all.
- Someone with 1+ year of sales, inside sales or related experience with a software company. However, we will consider candidates with less relevant experience if they’re amazing.
- Have the highest level of integrity. We do things the right way and expect the same from every member of the company.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree and the ability to contribute in many ways to the organization.
- Bonus points for any candidate with prior experience in SaaS startup, double bonus points for previous construction industry experience.
- Competitive base salary and commission. We’re not paying you in perks.
- Startup office atmosphere with a strong team-centric environment.
- Independent structure / ability to work autonomously. We care about results, not TPS reports.
- The opportunity to learn & master the art of sales. We invest heavily in the development of our team members.
- The ability to grow professionally within the organization. Our company is scaling rapidly, your career will as well.
- Health, Vision, and Dental Benefits
- Stock Options
- PTO and Paid Family Leave
To apply send your cover letter + resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pype provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.